To purchase the LTC class as a gift for someone else, please go HERE to purchase a gift certificate.
The Texas License to Carry a Handgun, or commonly known as the concealed handgun license and concealed carry permit, is the license required in Texas to conceal or open carry a handgun in public. The OnlineTexasLTC.com online course is officially approved by Texas DPS and is needed to get your License to Carry. The LTC class can be taken online to fulfill the classroom requirement to obtain a Texas License to Carry. As long as you have an internet connection, this class can be taken from anywhere, not just within Texas.
Why Obtain a Texas License to Carry?
Even with the pending passage of Texas HB 1927, which allows for the permitless carry of a handgun in Texas, most people are still choosing to get a License to Carry. The Texas LTC gives legal protections and multiple benefits when carrying a gun that are not covered under permitless/constitutional carry. Not only are there advantages within Texas law for having an LTC, the online class also covers material that every gun owner is responsible to know and is crucial to be aware of. Benefits of the LTC include:
– Trespass Protections – Campus Carry – School Zone Carry – Carry in 37 States – Peace of Mind When Carrying – Law Enforcement Interactions – No Background Checks When Buying Guns – Protection If Carrying Past No Gun Signs – Learn the Carry Laws – Legal Protections of an LTC
About this Online Course:
- Fulfills the classroom training requirement for a Texas LTC
- 4 hours long and can be taken at your own pace from anywhere.
- Broken into 15-20 min video segments.
- Start the class immediately after purchase, or later
- Start and stop the class as many times as needed
- 6 months is provided to complete it
- Entirely audio/video based
- Closed Captioning available for all audio
- Easy multiple choice test at the end (as required by TX DPS)
- LTC-101 Certificate of completion immediately available to download
The OnlineTexasLTC.com class is taught by an instructor with current law enforcement experience in a large municipality. This unique perspective gives additional insight when it comes to concealed carry. The information provided is relevant, accurate and applies to the real world.
Who can take the class?
Anyone can take the online class. The material covered applies to anyone interested in firearms and goes over firearm safety, Texas law, federal law, deescalation techniques, methods of carry and more. OnlineTexasLTC.com does not issue the actual licence or permits. An application must be completed with Texas DPS for the license to carry. Texas DPS will issue the LTC to you. Use the eligibility tool to determine if you qualify for an LTC.
Certificate of Completion
The certificate issued at the successful completion of this course is valid for 2 years. After the online class, the certificate can be taken to any Texas License to Carry instructor for the proficiency demonstration. The proficiency demonstration consists of the shooting qualification and 1-2 hours of “range instruction”. What is included and how long the range instruction portion goes for is up to each individual LTC instructor. If you are not sure where to go to have this done, OnlineTexasLTC has partnered with LTC instructors, ranges and gun stores throughout Texas to help you complete the proficiency demonstration. Click HERE to find someone near you.
Topics covered for the online Texas License to Carry class include:
- Weapon Law
– Laws that relate to weapons and to the use of deadly force
- Handgun Use and Safety
– Including use of holders and methods to ensure the secure carrying of handguns
- Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
– Deescalation techniques including communication skills and situational awareness
- Safe Storage Practices
– handgun storage options and law relating to storage
All of the material provided relates back to carrying a pistol in public in order to be as safe as possible. Whether you intend to carry a gun or not, this course is great for anyone interested in learning more about the above topics.
Use the OnlineTexasLTC.com Eligibility and Discounts tool to determine if you qualify for training exemptions based on your profession. If you are active duty military or a veteran that has qualified with a firearm in the last 10 years then you may not need to do the proficiency demonstration (shooting qualification) with an LTC instructor. There are multiple professions listed by DPS that may be exempt from the shooting qualification or even the entire license to carry class. Check the eligibility tool see what you may qualify for.
For information on how to apply and submit your license to carry application with DPS, please visit the how to HERE.