How to Submit your LTC Application and Steps to Get your LTC
How to apply for the Texas License to Carry / Concealed Handgun License and how to submit the paperwork is the most common question asked. Continue below for details on the LTC application process, including all the steps and training required for the LTC.
New LTC Applicants:
There are 3 main components required by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to get your Texas License to Carry.
- Classroom Training
- Proficiency Demonstration (shooting qualification and range instruction)
- DPS LTC Application
Our official Texas DPS approved online LTC class fulfills the 1st requirement, the classroom training. Once the online class is completed, the proficiency demonstration needs to be completed. Because we are a state of Texas approved course, you can go to any Texas LTC instructor. To help make finding an instructor easier, you can also choose someone within our network here.
Next is completing the LTC application though Texas DPS. Continue below for details and instructions on the application process.
DPS LTC Application Steps
Note: The online application can be started before or after you have completed the online LTC/CHL class and proficiency demonstration.
What you will need:
- DL/ID Number
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Previous addresses for 5 years prior to application.
- Previous job history for 5 years prior to application, including the business addresses.
- All previous criminal history. This includes all arrests regardless of the outcome. Dates of charges, county and disposition date will be needed.
- LTC-101 Certificate of completion. This is submitted after the application is completed. The LTC-101 is provided after completing the online LTC class. The certificate is not complete however until the proficiency test has been done with an LTC instructor.